29.9.11

Office Makeover - Leather Side Table

Hey everyone, today we're making over the side table which is to go beside my new reading chair!
This is what we're working with...
This table is as green as that grass and that colour certainly doesn't work with the new colour palate! 

First, I sprayed the base and surface with a satin finish ivory spray paint which I found a half-full can of in my garage. Let it dry for 30 minutes in the shade.


Next, I found a piece of leather sample in my craft box. Measuring the circumference and height of the tables neck I draw out the lines for cutting.


After cutting, I line 1cm from the edges with some craft white glue. This would not work as well if I wasn't using leather, so if you use a different fabric, test this part first! 


Stretch the leather so that the ends butt-up nicely. The white glue will turn clear once dry, so don't fret about oozing that might happen. If the oozing is much, wipe with a piece of paper towel.


Let dry, and viola!

That's all folks!

No comments: