22.9.11

Office Makeover - Inspiration

I needed some serious inspiration for my office makeover, so I started looking through my old fabric samples I snagged while at school as well as looking over all the things that will eventually be needed while using the space.  My guy B has his own 'Man Cave', so I defintely want to make this space work as both my place of inspiration for work AND an area to retreat to for some often needed quiet time. 
Shall we say - 'Glam Cave'?
I think so!
In addition to all that, as if it didn't have enough tasks to pursue, it contains the only closet I have left in the house for my accessories and jackets. 

Back to inspiration...
I discovered this small but increadible sample of fabric and I couldn't put it down! It's definitely going to be my starting off point. You likey???
It looks something Missoni might have designed, but it's by Robert Allen. I love that the vibrant pattern is calmed by the soft colours. I'm not a huge fan of pink, and I don't want to 'hyper-feminize' the office, but the balance of neutral colours and playful pattern make this the perfect jumping off point!
Stemming from this fabric, I developed a little inspiration vignette:

 Do you like it?

Now that I've got my inspiration, time to move forward with the design!

1 comment:

Professional Rental Offices said...

Your ideas are just brilliant! :) Many thanks for sharing them!