23.9.11

Office Makeover - A Penny Saved...


The room is ready for making over, and I decided on the must-have's for within it. With my $250.00 I bought the following;
~From Ikea~
Shelf Unit - $16
Wall Shelves - $34
Wall Self Brackets - $21
Mini Shelf & Brackets - $5
Closet LED Light Strip - $13
Reading Lamp - $17
Certificate Frame - $10
~From Wal-Mart~
1 Gallon of Paint - $24
Inset Drapery Rod - $9
2 Cans of Spray Paint - $10
Drapery Panels - $25
~Misc.~
Chair from Craigslist - $25
~Total Taxes~
$16

Brings me to...
$198.00!!!
I've purchased everything I need for this project and I'm STILL under-budget!
I'm looking to reinvent most of the furniture I have already, which is why my penny's were able to stretch this far! The one major piece I purchased was the new reading chair which I nabbed off of Craigslist for a mere 25 bananas! I can't show it to you until the end, or else I'll spoil most of the final reveal. Sorry, but you'll have to wait!
Items I'm going to revive are:
Side Table
Desk Chair
Drawer Unit
Desk

I couldn't afford the throw pillows I wanted, so I'm going to make my own accent pillows.

There's lots of stuff to be done - I better get started!

No comments: